Nearly 1 billion consumers now use a mobile device to access the web, yet less than 40% of business owners have developed responsive Mobile Websites
that adapts to this impounding digital revolution. In fact, forecasters expect sales from mobile tablets alone will exceed $ 100 million this year. Despite the obvious advantages of our digital addiction, far too many businesses lag behind the curve.
The growing popularity of smart phones and tablets, and a collective shift of end-user behavior bolster the case for improved consumer-friendly mobile websites
. If you haven’t adapted to flexible mobile layouts, chances are you’re missing a significant amount of traffic.
Mobile Devices starting to Dominate
- 70+% of teens and adults in Ireland own a mobile device
- Promotional click-through rates are staggeringly 80% higher on mobile devices than on desktops or laptops
- 70% of users leave a page if not optimized for their device
- There are literally hundreds of smart devices on the market, each with distinctive parameters to access the web. Unfortunately, mobile devices are programmed differently and the current configuration for traditional sites is unreadable. Scrolling pages are restrictive and various elements such as sign-up forms, navigation buttons and links are burdensome on such a small screen. Thus, more and more users have adapted to new technologies.
Would you believe intelligent devices have out-numbered people? In fact, nowadays, consumers have more access to smart phones than a desktop or laptop. Now imagine all those individuals who unsuccessfully try to access your website. The growing popularity of intelligent devices, complimented by the shift of consumer behavior emphasizes the need for an adaptable responsive web site that answers the demand.
3 Reasons to Switch to Responsive Design
Consider the top three advantages of a responsive web site;
- Eliminates need for duplicate website: there’s no need for a separate mobile version of your website. Configuring secondary mobile websites require new programming and design; therefore, you’ll undoubtedly spend additional funds, likewise two independent sites require additional upkeep and additional labor cost. A responsive web site simply reconfigures your current code that adapts to all devices.
- Continuous connections: consumers want portable accessibility and intelligent devices provide 24/7, instant connections, all with just one click. Smart devices have become an indispensable part of our lives, allowing us to remain connected and available at any time.
- Google recommendations the upgrade: responsive mobile websites expand the horizon for more opportunities, and with smart devices pegged as the chosen communication tool, Google recommends an adaptive user-friendly design. Optimisation for improved customer experiences is a Google mainstay and the magic of a responsive web site provides an overall boost in search results. In contrast, organizations that fail to adapt to the newest standards are seeing the competition leap-frog to new heights.
There is still a disparity among an estimated 2 billion mobile users and online businesses. Far too many companies ignore the impact of improperly configuring websites to mobile devices. More than 70% of users will leave a website if not configured for their mobile device.
Mobile websites expand online opportunities, and the bottom line is consumers hate wasting time. While a third of consumers would prefer to act on your call of action through their small devices, your websites must favor such an action. Are you ready to leapfrog the competition?
Soma Team Member